
Ok, all I gotta say is, check the saw blade depth before making that initial cut in any floor. Yeah, that'd be a nice clean square cut through the subfloor. I guess it's kind of a disguised blessing. I then found out just how thick the subfloor was. Just something I have to repair before laying the backer-board for the tile. (As well as the smaller hole in the left of the image. That's from the prybar I was using to pry the floor board up. Think I'll put a table over the big one there and a flower pot over that smaller one. jk Still, both Nikki and I are really excited to get this project done. Oh yeah, the oven is in the dinning room. Pretty convenient I think.

Well, the floor put up a good fight but didn't quite win in the end.

Nikki helping remove the baseboards. Niether the cabinet or the counter were screwed to anything....mmmm.

There was two layers of linolium(?) and a 3/4 inch of plywood on top of a 1/2 inch thick subfloor. I'm not sure if 1/2 inch subfloor is code or sufficient. But I'll cross that bridge or reinforce it when I come to it.

So I didn't include a picture that showed how much "clutter" had occupied this space but it took about 1 hour to clear the area. Yipee! But we're taking the shallow plunge and ripping out our floors to put in tile. And hopefully replacing the annoyingly outdated/semi-functioning slider doors with french doors. New counter tops hopefully will follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment