Sure glad we don't have to depend on using this if there's a flood. This side, the right side, goes against the wall and hence will not get the wrap that the rest of the boat is getting. And since "we" have to carry it inside, it will be a little lighter. May have also been lighter if I had decided not to use 2x4 lumber....oops.
It was fun building it since there wasn't really a plan written down or available.
The openings in the bow and the three along the bottom are for drawers or to smuggle booty.
Hey, what is this??
Hey, I want over there with you.
See? I'm pointing where I want to go. Do you see?
Hehe, your over here now.
Oh, there's my blue car!
Here, let me show you!!
Pretty blue-eyed boy
Such cute curiosity.
Wish there was more time in the day.
I decided to hide the 1000+ screws I used to mount the sides. So I counter-sunk each one enough to cover with wood filler.
I only stained the sides even though the shadow from the popup tent makes it look like the top is stained, but it's not. So don't freak out :)
Almost done staining.
Oh, and the two little square openings on top at the right (the stern of the boat) are some more cubby holes.
And the two little black rectangles on the slanted back, ports for the jet propulsion, or carry handles.
Ta da!! Ok, I'm not sure what she was doing.
Annnnnd, James didn't know either, but he was more curious as to where she was going with it.
Mmmm, I think the flash of the camera kept distracting James though.
Soooooo BRIGHT!! It hurts our eyeszzzzz.
Come to me, my precious....
Aaaaaagh, nononono, go away!! Slobber baby!!!
bbmm bbmm...
Vrrrrrmmmmmm
Practicing Pachelbel Canon in D.
We're hoping his musical curiosity never leaves.
Bright eyed and bushy tail.
And James at 7 am 5/28th.
Applying the polyurethane. Yep, got sunburned, multiple times. Almost done with this project. Hopefully, Clara will be sleeping in her new boat bed by this weekend. And I'll be able to free up a LOT of room in the garage.
Clara trying to be helpful by stopping James from walking into the kitchen.
Clara getting ready to help mommy bake some cookies. mmmmmm mmmmm

No comments:
Post a Comment